Advertisement in my mailbox

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by harryhomeowner, Jun 29, 2004.

1. harryhomeowner

harryhomeowner LawnSite Member

This flyer was in my mailbox today. No postage, someone just stopped by and put them in every mailbox in the neighborhood.

I look at this and I feel it displays someone who will do a so-so job. When I have people work on my yard I want them to be professional and passionate about doing the job right.

2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

its against he law to put stuff in the mail box without a stamp and going through the system!

3. harryhomeowner

still trying to show the flyer

4. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I hang flyers off mailbox flags lots of people call. What made you feel as if a so-so job would be done? It is against the law to put the flyer in the mailbox. No complaints about hanging them and my mailcarrier said he liked my idea.

5. harryhomeowner

Here's the flyer I mentioned

landscape flyer.jpg

6. harryhomeowner

It doesn't bother me that it was in my mailbox, I brought it up for discussion.

It appears to me that this person did this flyer in 5 minutes. I prefer to hire people who do good quality work and for that service I will pay more.

Are they licensed, Insured?

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

How are we suppose to know?:p

Should have at least blackened out his phone number, before you posted the flyer.

8. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Wow Peeeeeeewwww! that is a lame flyer I would not hire that dude to scrub my toilet.

9. Palmer Lawn Care

Palmer Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from Maine

yeah, I wouldn't want someone to work on my yard if they cant take the time to make a decent flyer

but, I woudl call them and ask them a bunch of questions, like if they are insured and licenced, and what they mean by "All work is guaranteed"

10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Why? the number is being "advertised" anyway. What's the difference?