Advertisement question....

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Jon99, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

Will I be better off running a 1x1 ad for 12 weeks or a 2x2 ad for 3 weeks in a weekly paper??? The cost is the same, $132.....

2. Casey

Casey LawnSite Member

It depends on what your budget is, I think if you can afford to continue running the 2x2 ad past the 3 weeks that would be best. However everything I have read recommends that your goal should be to keep your name in front of people and that a cheaper ad that you can run continuously is better than more expensive ad that you can afford to run for only a short time. One of the guys in our area runs a lawn care ad year round, everyday of the year.

3. I WOULD TRY A 1X2 ADD
    FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN GO

ASK THE NEWSPAPER COMPANY IF THEY WILL GIVE YOU ANY KIND OF DISCOUNT. THE PENNYSAVER, STAR, AND SOUTHTOWN BY ME OFFERED A 15% DISCOUNT IF YOU AGREE TO RUN ANY SIZE ADFOR 52 WKS.

AND YOU CAN CHANGE THE AD WEEKLY IF YOU NEED TO.

4. Jon99

A 1x2 ad is $22 and they have a circulation of about 36K.. This is a free weekly paper, I just wonder how many people actually read it...

5. Whitch paper is this.

6. Jon99

The Herald Country Market in Bourbonnais.. It basically covers all of Kankakee county and Will county thru the Wilmington, Manhattan and Monee region.....

7. What other advertising are you doing for the uncoming season??

8. Jon99

Nothing as of yet... This is my first year, so basically I have had a logo designed, my truck lettered and have printed up about 500 flyer.... In addition to the flyers, I would like to spend a little cash on print advertising to get my name out...

9. That 500 flyers should get you 5 customers

flyers get about a 1% return.

Since this is your first year and youe just starting up do what I did.

Go door to door with you flyers. Introduce yourself to the home owner and try to sell your service.

or
    deliver your flyers and follow up about 1-2 wks later
    going door to door (leaving another flyer)

both worked realy well for me but are time consuming

BEST OF LUCK

10. menchhofer

menchhofer LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Largest ad you can afford.

Bigger is better.