Advertisement question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by BVLAWNCARE, Jul 11, 2004.

1. BVLAWNCARE

BVLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Hey I was just wondering what you guys think is more effective... A flier on the mailbox flag or a flier put on a storm door... Obviously some people go through their garage and never get the one on the storm door and everyone has to go to the maibox @ some point but I was just wondering if its really that obvious of an answer.. Ive done both personally and havent gotten many calls from either.

Also what is this business with advertisemnt through the mail? how do you set up ads through the mail? Is it an effective way to advertise?

Thanks all comments will be appreciated!

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Haven't tried the mail thing myself. With flyers, I get a 1% response at best. There's a couple of companies here that distribute flyers pretty cheaply. They put yours in with a bunch of others for $25 per 1000 flyers. When you put them out yourself, it takes a lot longer than you think to distribute 1000 flyers.

3. BVLAWNCARE

Do you know who I can contact to do it for me for $25 per 1000 fliers?

4. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

if you are looking to do mailing advertisement, then your way of getting lists are going threw a computer program called select phone.

the makers of the software is infousa.

i believe there website is
    www.infousa.com

i bought the new program for 295$ 2 year subscription, and also i get 4,000 names per year. buying the names are expensive, but at the begining of the year, i always do a mailer. my response rate is about 10% of 1,000. ANYONE doing marketing knows that is a great response rate, due to the fact that mail marketing is now under 2%...

you are in chicago.... get into ADI.... aquascape is one of the best new home improvements....

our company is now going strictly aquascape. of course here and there still do landscaping!

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi BVLAWNCARE,

There have been posts made in the past here on hiring local teens to hand out flyers. An important note was that they had to be monitored to make sure the job was getting done.

6. TropicalBreeze

TropicalBreeze LawnSite Member

Door hangers, door hangers. They are working for me. I have a nephew who goes door to door with them. I give him some cash and he's happy. Direct mail is EXPENSIVE.

7. BVLAWNCARE

Where do i buy these door hangers? Like wal-mart?

8. TropicalBreeze

TropicalBreeze LawnSite Member

I went to a print shop. I think it was 1000 for 130.00 all printed up. You can get different sizes and weight.
    Good luck

9. bobdaduke

bobdaduke LawnSite Member

I do a mailing with a Flyer and include a buisiness card, I'll do a follwup mailing depending on the time of year.