Advertisement Space For Lease ???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kutnkru, Nov 5, 2003.

1. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I was driving around this afternoon doing some last minute errands before I have to get my tail back to the grind tomorrow and began thinking about ways to advertise my business now that Im in a new location and looking to take on more clientele.

For those of you who have larger vehicles with bulkheads and stake panels and those with enclosed trailers --- I am curious if anyone has ever "leased" out the sides/space of your truck or trailer to another service company for advertisement purposes???

I know this might sound unnecessary, but I have friends who are in the flooring and roofing businesses, and thought possibly if I put my name and vice-versa it might get the company name better exposure as we traveled different circles.

Obviously you'd need to be selective as to whom your associating your name with, but I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences with this type of marketing ,,, good or bad???

2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I think this would lead to alot of confusion. What would you think if you saw a crew of guys installing carpet at a near by house with a truck that said ABC Landscaping?

3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I heard a rumor that McDs is going to be doing that around here on a local Potatoe chip vendors truck. Does seem kind of confusing though!!!

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi kutnkru,

If you did that, maybe when you are on a job site, flip the sign around to show your company so the customer isn't confused? Or maybe have both signs next to each other?