Advertisement

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Diamond-LC, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Diamond-LC

Diamond-LC LawnSite Member

I know theres an Advertisement forum, but no one seems to post there, so I thought I'd try here..

I'm just beginning my business, and I was just curious what you guys do for advertisement, or what you guys do to get new clients and business..

I've spoke with Verizon about posting in their Phone Book, the Little Nickel about posting in their paper, and a Website about being mentioned in their search engine, but all prices seem to be rediculous..

what have you guys had the best experiances with, I dont want to pay $500 a month and end up not retrieving any business..

thanks alot for any input I appreciate it

2. Green Boys LawnCare

Green Boys LawnCare LawnSite Member

Flyers door to door. You'll get a customer for every 100 you put out. It's a lot of leg work , but cheap and very effective.

3. Diamond-LC

Diamond-LC LawnSite Member

as for the flyers door to door, we did it for about a week strait, not a single customer, I found that it was a waste of time, and money

4. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

What did the flyer look like? Was it something a 14 year old kid put together?

5. Leisure Time Lawn Care

Leisure Time Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I built my whole business from handing out door hangers and flyers . I am doing this part time this year and have 53 accounts I cut a week. I am looking to go full time next year and I am going to advertise the same way.