1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GLS, Sep 17, 2001.

1. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a little lawn care business going, and have seen other businesses with little signs on the doors of their trucks. I thought this might be a good way to get a little more business.

My first question: How much do these signs cost?

My second question: Do they have such a thing as magnetic signs that can be taken off when "off-duty"? The truck I use isn't really mine. Thanks a lot!
  2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

signs are a great source of advertising if not one of the best. yes they do make magnetic and i believe thats what most people use. i am not sure of prices thouhg, sorry.
  3. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I moved this thread here because it talks about Marketing which is under Elements of Business
  4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Go to Yahoo. Type in "magnetic truck signs." There are a bunch of sites listed. I'm not advocating buying online. If you can support a local business I would say that would be your best bet.
    In the meantime, you can check out these sites which can give you an idea on pricing and sizes.
  5. bkd

bkd LawnSite Member

I have 3 magnetic signs on my truck. On each door and a longer rectangle for my tailgate. I have my business name, phone, and my name in the colors I wanted for about $100. Hope this helps!
  6. CandJ

CandJ LawnSite Member

I bought magnetic signs locally and they cost me about $50. (for 2 signs that are 16X20 or so). They are simple signs and the most cost effective I could find. They are dark green lettering over a white background and say "C&J Lawncare" with my phone #. No fancy pictures or anything like that. You should be able to easily find someone who makes them in your area.
  7. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

8. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

In most states it is the law that you have your name and location on both doors of your truck.:)
  9. TotalLawn

TotalLawn LawnSite Member

$50 for 2 magnetic signs. See the pic

I have received some new jobs by having them!!

10. To answer your 2nd question. Magnetic signs are made to be removed easily. So easy some one can steal them too. Or when driving down the road they can fall off.

Price $50 and up. All depends on your area.

Getting more cleints. I've had to remove them becase, I could not answer all the phone calls I got.

Yes they work, but I perfer to not use them any more. But on the other hand, I am having permanent signs put on the trucks to keep employees in line. Not for new biz. Name and #. It would be done already but time has not allowed me to.