Advertisement

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by pilotcoplawnboy, Jan 6, 2003.

1. pilotcoplawnboy

pilotcoplawnboy LawnSite Member

Does anyone put signs out for advertisement kinda like the home builders do? I went and got a few old signs that have been out for a while and plan on replacing the signs on them now with my own.

2. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

So that's where my signs are disapearing to.....:eek:

3. pilotcoplawnboy

Could be. The ones I am taking are lying on the ground and have been there way too long. You know what I mean?? Plus they are the cheap ones that have the two little metal prongs that fall over when the wind blows.

4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

And you want to attach your business image to those???? Keep searching for ideas. It doesnt sound too classy.

5. crawdad

Yup, those are the ones, the flat-tire-waiting-to-happen signs. I throw away a bunch of those every summer. People stick 'em in the ground at one of my commercial sites, along a main road.
    I always wonder why the politician's aren't responsible to pick their own signs up after the elections.
    Crawdad

6. pilotcoplawnboy

Yeah, I guess you are right. Doesn't sound too good. I really don't even need signs since it's a part time thing for me. Thanks guys.

7. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

keep in mind that i did have 3 quality metal framed signs made this summer. I saw no return on them, but i hope that name recongition pays off this spring when the flyers go flying.

8. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

in my town the politictions are responsible for them . I think they have like 4 or 5 days to have them pulled after a election

9. pilotcoplawnboy

I've been getting up every morning before I go to work and putting out flyers.

10. crawdad

That's the way it should be. Around here, the city workers pick them up, and out in the county, I'm not sure who does, if anyone.
    Crawdad