Advertisers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JJ Lawn, Apr 8, 2000.

1. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I mean really having a link for Physic Friends Network. Give me a break. I am sorry but I find it hard to support a forum that has to resort to using scams as advertisers. 20/20, Dateline, and even Readers Digest all say that these people offer no service except to relieve a person of their money.<p>I know that this post will be deleted, but I had to say what I thought.<p>Jim

2. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

JJ Lawn, I'm surprised your post hasn't already been deleted. The Physics should have known you were going to complain if they are real Physics. I have always wondered why Physics have to advertise, shouldn't they call you just before you call them, they are supposed to know the future?

3. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Psychic psycho-line...its all psuedoscience. I gotta run and read my horoscope:)

4. jeffclc

jeffclc Guest

It is better than the following that I saw in this mornings paper:<p>Grass Cutting- Will cut any single lot for $20 or less. Call xxx-xxxx.

5. cantoo wrote:<p>&gt;I have always wondered why Physics have to advertise, shouldn't they call you just before you call them, they are supposed to know the future? <p>That's a good one.<p>But if you what to take control of your web<br>browser try the windows utility called. YOU control if you want to see those adds, pop up windows, background music<br>etc. <p><br>

6. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Cantoo,<p>&gt;I have always wondered why Physics have to advertise, shouldn't they call you just before you call them, they are supposed to know the future? <p>I have wondered that also. And if there was any truth to their forseeing or predicting the future they darn sure wouldn't be stealing and cheating the poor gullible folks in this country. They would be sitting on Wall Street, Vegas, Race track, etc. <p>Mr. Stone,<br>&gt;But if you what to take control of your web<br>browser try the windows utility called intermute. YOU control if you want to see those adds, pop up windows, background music<br>etc. <p><br>I think that your suggestion is worth looking into, and will give it a try.<p>But the ad's on this forum are in bad taste IMO and should be removed. They have nothing to do with the business we are in. They IMO are thieves and cheats. And as long as they advertise on this forum I will not recommend that anyone visit here. Nor will I put a link to this page on my Web page when it is finished. There are plenty of legitimate business's out there that the forum operators could get to advertise here.<p>Jim

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

jeffclc wrote:<p>&gt;It is better than the following that I saw in this mornings paper:<p> Grass Cutting- Will cut any single lot for $20 or less. Call xxx-xxxx. <p><br>You need to sub out some work to this guy :)<br>You can just kick back while he does the work, at least until he quits because he realizes he losing money.

8. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

lol! something grass boy would do! by the way... i havent been seeing any posts by grassboy latly... i wander how his buissness is going.

9. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

We use Advertising.com to help support the funding on this forum when I don't have companies in the lawn landscape business to help pay. I pay $250+ a month to maintain the server this forum is on and if that little ad from the psychis whatever helps keep this free you should be alright with it. As soon as LawnSite.com becomes more recognized with some of the big manufacturers out there I will be sittin on the high horse on a big peak. This site currently gets about 450,000 monthly page views so I have a lot to offer a advertiser. Its just finding the advertisers that want to pay the $$'s thats the hardest thing. If you don't like the ads don't look at them!!!! If you not interested in what the ad is trying to sell you don't click it!!!

10. DTM65

DTM65 LawnSite Member

admin...couldn't agree with you more. You gotta do what pays the bills. Keep up the good work!!<p>----------<br>D. Tom<br>