Advertising 2010

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by stearns_landscaping, Oct 4, 2009.

1. BigGreen1

BigGreen1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Stearns,

Yes there was a background picture on my flyer. If you want me to send you a scan of the flyer post an email and I will.

Tim

2. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

I can do you one better. put all addresses and prices in a computer. Design a flyer with a blank spot, have the flier printed then do a merge and put the flier through your own printer, let the computer fill out the addresses and prices. Then hire day labour to deliver it door to door just like a mail man. I've done this for years with window cleaning. Works great.

3. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

when i sealcoat a driveway or hardscaping jobs

4. psdnate

psdnate LawnSite Member

do you guys put the flyers in the mailboxs or what?

5. BigGreen1

BigGreen1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Only if the mailman had already came. Otherwise I put them on the door. By the way door hangers are sturdy but not sturdy enough to stay on the door knob.

Tim

6. pylnrcr

pylnrcr LawnSite Member

Just a heads up - I believe it's a federal offense to place anything in or on a mailbox for anyone other than the postal carrier. In most cases hanging something from a hook on the post is OK. You just can't mess with the mailbox itself, including the flag.

According to USPS.com, "no part of a mail receptacle may be used to deliver any matter not bearing postage, including items or matter placed upon, supported by, attached to, hung from, or inserted into a mail receptacle."

7. psdnate

psdnate LawnSite Member

Yeah that's what I thought that's why I was asking.

8. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

Your marketing strategy teamed up with our 1-800-MOW-MY-LAWN vanity number would do wonders. It is a number they remember.

9. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics LawnSite Member

I've seen all of the above work for some people.

I have a new printer coming in in a few weeks that I bought just for printing brochures. I'll have prices up at my website in due time.

10. hammanservicesllc

hammanservicesllc LawnSite Member

Stearns Landscaping,

I would appreciate a copy of you market flyer and plan. Email it to when you get a chance hammanservicesllc@gmail.com

Thanks!!