Advertising Budget for 2005

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2005.

1. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

I know everyone's situation is different. Just want to see the total amount on all forms of advertising.
  2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am currently looking into new forms of advertising this year. I am trying to set up enough new accounts for another crew starting in March and I am really pushing full maint. accounts this year so I can better lay out my schedule. Along with signing up new accounts I am also going to be advertising for the delivery of mulch and pinestraw this year, even if the customer doesn't want it put out (with a minimum # of bales or yards of course). For advertising I am going to hit about a 15 mile radius from the shop with flyers about 3 different times, and prob. also put an add in the paper for a couple of months. Along with they flyers I have got to have some new shirts made up, a sign on the new trailer, lettering on the dumptruck, and some other little things done. I am not going to do a yellow pages add this year. With all that done I am looking in the neighborhood of $7000-$8000 dollars this year for advertising.
  3. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

Between Yellow page ads in the two Phone books in my area, and Newspaper advertising, I'm looking at around $6000.00 in '05. This is for both Lawn Care, and Landscaping.
  4. kdbetters

kdbetters LawnSite Member

I have about 35 residentials and looking to expand to 100 residentials by season end(just to give an idea of my size operation). Between the Yellow Pages, Flyers, Doorhangers(including ditribution), Business cards, discounts for referrals, signs and lettering for the truck it will be about $3000 dollars.
  5. LLCO

LLCO LawnSite Member

From what I have researched, the general rule of thumb in a non-startup environment is 3-5% of total projected sales. Startup phase is a totally different situation.
  6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Orginally set at $3500, but looks like I might be a bit over budget this year.
  7. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

With newspaper advertizing and new signs for the truck and trailer, I might spend around $1000 for the season.
  8. Mowmoney00

Mowmoney00 LawnSite Member

We've got 15,000 budgeted for '05. But we just changed the business name and we have a new advertising strategy.
  9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Roughly around $1100.00 this year give or take a few hundred.
    The majority of that will be spent on a one time ad plan specifically targetted straight to areas where we want to provide service.
  10. TurfdudeNCSU

TurfdudeNCSU LawnSite Member

We advertise with billboards, all trucks are lettered, yellowpages, site signs, and several local magazines in the area. We will spend about 15 to 20,000. Will most in billboards.