Advertising by vehicle?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dura to the max, Aug 8, 2008.

1. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

ok, so i want to have my truck lettered soon. my true goal is to look like i landscape for a living, i mean there are tons of white p/u trucks in town w/ mowers that cut grass. i want my truck to look like thats what it is dedicated for. i got a price to get my entire truck done today, and im wondering if it's going to be worth it. i wouldnt mind getting some calls, but thats not my reason behind it, i want to look like an LCO not a weekend warrior. i need some feedback though before i pull the trigger. i want to do this right not just get magnets that can be taken off to make it my personal truck, we're talking entire truck. so this is a large investment and i need help. want all feedback, does it work or not? is it worth $513 for the ENTIRE truck? let me know.

thanks

2. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

If it floats your boat, go for it! As far as whether it is worth it or not, only time will tell, but $513 doesn't sound unreasonable.

3. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

Go for it. That is a reasonable price. The only negative I can forsee is the resale value if and when you decide to depart with the truck.

4. FromtheGroundUp

FromtheGroundUp LawnSite Member

sounds like you've already made you decision. if you feel that is important to get your name out there in the grandest way, then spend the cash. But if your strictly looking for new business this is not going to make you phone ring more. i run my bussiness to capacity with only my sign on the back of my trailer. after scrapeing lettering/glue off my old truck to sell it. i wont make that mistake again.

5. dura to the max

from georgia

thanks, but i really want some experience. like i said, the biggest thing is looking like a pro. so im thinking i want to do this, but i wanna know if anyone thinks im being stupid. i want my bottom line to increase, but i also want to invest money back into my company. i think this would make me look that much more professional and give people a better 1st impression as well as giving me more credibility.

6. dura to the max

from georgia

the truck is a w/t edition and will probably be driven till the wheels fall off. when i looked at kelley blue book it didnt even say a price, it just said haul it for scrap, jk. but it aint worth much b/c its older and the miles are getting up there. but it has been taken care of and will go another 100k i would imagine. so resell isnt really an issue.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I think that would be a great investment....

8. dura to the max

from georgia

i see some hesitation in your reply? am i right? and if so how so?

9. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

My truck is badged front to back, tailgate and all. I only paid like $350 for mine, but it's mostly just text.

Works great, though you have to drive well b/c your phone #'s right there for everyone to see!

I have people roll down windows at lights and give me their address to come bid, etc. I also hear "I see you around town all the time" type comments - meaning that I am HIGHLY visible and recognizable...

Go for it, but maybe shop a bit more on the price. And make SURE whoever does it guarantees their work. Vinyl doesn't always stay on like it should. It's a big help to be able to call them up and have them fix a problem they created...

10. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Letter it up! I get calls from people that see my truck in the neighborhood and around town. I picked up a very large landscape renovation because the customer saw my truck at McDonalds at lunch time. I track where all of my calls are generated and since I have had the truck lettered, 3yrs I have gotten 27 calls from people seeing my name and number on the side of my truck. Some other things to think about with a lettered truck is commercial insurance, DOT if your over 10,000 GVW. So it's not just looking like your a pro. Hope this helps.

James