advertising cheep tricks

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MacLawnCo, Feb 21, 2003.

1. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

I just finalized my order from www.postcardwarehouse.com for 5,000 doorhangers. On their site, they list the price of 5k as $349. They dont mention that shipping is $ARM. Total cost, including a design fee for altering text styles came to $477. :eek:

Im not knocking this company, because they were indeed very good to work with, but just make sure you are comparing apples to apples. I did not realize all the "hidden" costs associated. Just letting anyone entertaining this idea as marketing time nears to consider these costs too.

2. clem

clem LawnSite Member
    from florida

What else is new ,they all charge for shipping and design but they still beat any price i can find

3. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine were just delivered the other day, same amount 5000. And you are right the shipping charge was a pretty crazy amount think the total weight was right around 90#. But they look awesome, they do a great job and I dont mind paying extra for good work.

P.S used the spell check, works pretty good!:D

4. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

5000 for a grand total of $477??
    thats 9.5cents each
    not so bad

5. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

MacLawnCo

could you post a pic of your new door hanger. how were these guys at setting up your door hanger did they design it like there sample. or did they custimize it to your needs

6. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Paying for adds is not cheap if your get no customer's from the add you pay for.

7. progreen

progreen LawnSite Member
    from Houston

We just finished our design and ordered 5000 hangers from postcardwhse. Shipping was nearly a third of total price:(. Bob from pcwhse was very friendly. Can't wait to see em at my doorstep.

How long did it take for your order? I was told 2 weeks.

Thanks.
    BP

8. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

I had designed these initially, they just fine tuned it alittle(changed the font so it was more easily read). I would really suggest that you give them a call. They have a 1-800 number on their site. Bob was very friendly and sounded rather sincere.

9. Lawn Works 1

Lawn Works 1 LawnSite Member

Hey, I just ordered 500 post card size bussiness cards (4.25 by 5.5) with full color logo. The local place i tried was going to charge me $280 for 500. I found a place on the net that did the exact same thing for $140 shipping and all. That was with rushed shipping too.

I thought the enlarged business cards would get more atention than a regular small business card.

www.printforless.com

10. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

well when you guys get them in please post pic's of them PLZ ;)