advertising dollars?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CNYScapes, Feb 29, 2004.

?

What is your preferred advertising method ?

1. Ad in local paper

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Flyer in local paper

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Doorhangers

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  4. Yellow Pages

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Postcards

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

For you guys who actually spend a couple thousand a year on advertising, where do you get the most bang for your buck?

2. DanTheGrassman

DanTheGrassman LawnSite Member
    from Canada

Man I have had great sucess in our local paper, this year I put an ad in the local yellow pages which I have had already 3 calls (very expensive), and internet website (website only works as an extra tool in addition to print advertising and is great for up selling services to existing customersby offering seasonal specials on services . But by far the best advertising is on our trucks, word-of-mouth and referrals.

Thanks, Dan

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Yellow pages by far. I used to swear by flyers, but since day one with the yellow pages i will never go back. Its the most expensive, but will worth it. Mine is about $400 a month. It depends on size, and the amount of books delivered, population.

4. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I use direct mail advertising. A company called Valpak , they do the artwork mailing etc,. I pick specific zipcodes to target , they do the rest. It is a little pricey but the calls I get a very good.

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Radio ads work well for us, the yellow page ads are a waste IMO b/c everyone who calls has usually shopped everyone else on the page, and are usually looking for bottom line,period. I just signed for a local "weekend" extra newspaper ad( 4 X 6") that runs every Saturday, and for Mail Marketing Systems direct mail ( the ad runs on the "have you seen me?" missing children flyer)targeted by zipcode for 20K houses each mailing for four mailings.I just about doubled my advertising costs from last year in February of this year alone. Gotta spend it to make it...

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

local payper and direct mail coupons like moneymailer and a few others all work well most band for the buck
    however i spent 16,000 last season and got back verry little response? :angry: