1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

advertising for Leaf Removal

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by willretire@40, Nov 15, 2005.

1. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

What are you doing for your advertisment. I know alot of people just go their reg lawn customers, but how about the ones that are looking to do one time jobs. Where are you advertising and how well is it doing. Around here i would have to say we still have about 75% or more of the leaves still on the trees.
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I mostly have people call me from referrals or saw me doing work
  3. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

i dont look for one time jobs i look for possible long term jobs call'em up if the lawn looks bad "cold calling"
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I never used to the one time clean ups either. I would always stick with only the year round customers that received the clean ups, but this year I decided to start accepting non-customers. Just from non-customers alone I have collected around $6,000 in clean ups.

Note to self: keep on accepting non-customers that are not year round
  5. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

We don't advertise for leaf clean-ups.It's hard for maintenance workers to take care of existing client's,the guys run out of daylight.When we do get a call,It is a referral.
  6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

fall is when I gain the most clients. people either are frustrated with the leaves and you make some money doing the cleanup, plus you can possibly convert them into customers. I also get a handful of that are switching over due to poor results with the cheaper companies out there.
  7. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

8. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Leaf removal sign (with phone number) on side of leaf vacuum truck. Constant phone calls from that. The bonus is that they are pretty much all local.
  9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Those "one time calls" can lead to weekly maintenance accounts. Couple years ago I got a call for dethatching. I had my equipment with me, small lawn......$60. I did it and then picked up there weekly mowing for the year. Next year picked up two of their neighbors weekly mowing. Following year I am mowing the three accounts (all side by side), two chem apps, 3 leaf removals....all from that $60 one time service.
  10. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<Table width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><TR><TD><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></TD></TR></Table>
    Hi willretire@40,

Here is a funny leaf removal advertising idea.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>