Advertising for new accounts in May.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by A1Lawns, May 14, 2008.

1. A1Lawns

A1Lawns LawnSite Member

Certainly May could still be a good month to make another round with advertising for new accounts. Customers have had ample time to know whether they're happy with the current service they have and may want to switch. Others could be tired of doing their lawn care themselves and want someone for the rest of the season.

How has May advertising gone for you guys? Is your response rate any less than in the early Spring?

Any input would be appreciated.
  2. Liendeni

Liendeni LawnSite Member

5,000 post cards mailed out....four calls.
  3. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

10,000 door hangers going out this month and 10,000 more next month. About 1 call a day from those so far.
  4. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Actually March and April seem to work best for us, by the time May rolls around we're about booked up. If we can create another cluster of accounts or if they are already near an existing route we can take them on.
  5. Liendeni

Liendeni LawnSite Member
    Posts: 218 offense but there is an error on the first line of your website page. It says " We want to to relieve your stress of maintaining a beautiful landscape." An extra "to" is in there. Just a heads up.
  6. Paulup

Paulup LawnSite Senior Member

I'm still picking up work from the 200 fliers i passed out in early April, so I won't be advertising in May.
  7. EliteImpressions

EliteImpressions LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Ive said this a few time but give craigslist a try. For free you cant beat it.

I just started this year and just use CL now. I just signed up 2 customers today to put me at 4 for the year. One of those wants a complete yard renovation in the fall, mulch down next week. The other is paying for the entire year up front and wants a cleanup in fall. Got 1 yard renovation a week ago. So far I will make almost $5000 minus expenses and didnt spend a dime.

If you put a price range per 1/4 acre, 1/2 acre, or the general size in your area, it will cut down on people wanting to spend $20 per cut for 1/2 acre.

8. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

Awesome. Thanks!