Advertising for one time high dollar jobs.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Happy Gardner, Jan 11, 2005.

1. The Happy Gardner

The Happy Gardner LawnSite Member

Looking for advise on the best way to get the word out about once a year aeration and top-dressing. Looking at an average lawn running $350 to $450 ( not a quick easy decision ) Top-dressing will include seed and at least every other lawn in this area could use this service annually.
    I have used fliers in the past with good results but that was on small dollar jobs ( $40 to $100 ) those I consider idiot proof discussions but this requires more thought.
    Yes I realize $450 is not a true high dollar job like new lawn install so please don't concentrate on that, but it is big enough for this question.
    :dizzy:
    So your ideas please on the best way to get the word out.
    I'm looking to book 4 of these a day thats 20 a week.

2. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I can't think of a much better method for advertising than flyers, for the application you are referring too. I think they should work great. Just taylor the flyers toward what you want them to call on and start puting them out.

In addition, you might consider one of those coupon mailer packets? Or maybe a flyer in with your local newspaper. Usually, your newspaper can insert your flyer for you - right to the specific areas you want - for a pretty affordable cost.

But other than those two ideas, I don't know that there's any better way.

3. Five Diamond Lawns

Five Diamond Lawns LawnSite Member

Maybe have your local nursery sell it and give them a cut.