Advertising, growing?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by F Y P M, Jan 27, 2008.

1. F Y P M

F Y P M LawnSite Member

Wondering when most of you start advertising aggresively for the up coming season? Do any of you plan on increasing substantialy??

2. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

after slacking the last 2-3 years i decided to get back on track this year .. i have yp ads going in two books coming out in march for a tune of $4,880 and change . i also am having a website made and having my enclosed trailer wrapped.
    laying alot of coin down for a solo guy with a part time help for the bigger stuff that only grossed $55k last season .....i hope it pays off

3. Ravenwood Landscaping

Ravenwood Landscaping LawnSite Member

I've been putting out flyers since the beginning of the year casually. I will probably ramp things up near the end of February. Most people don't start thinking about it until the weather warms up a bit, but that's not all that far off. I'm talking to some of the HOA's and commercial sites now to see what's still available.

4. mowing grass 1111

i have been cold calling all morning and have 4 properties to look at this week and another 3 that are up for bid in may and june . if i get one of these 400 unit apartment complexes i will be kicking myself in the ass about the money spent on the yp ads . i am trying to triple what i made last year

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

HOLY CRAP !!

I'm wondering if You have advertised in the YP Before ?

I herd it's expensive, and also herd it didn't pay off to well ...

Just courious

6. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

YP? what's that?

7. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

daymn 4800 in the yp. I went 2800 in debt to them this year, but I got a ton of ads. ( always act very interested, then avoid them for a good 2-3 weeks, then they're willing to work)!

I start advertising big when the snow stops falling. Normally march.

8. mowing grass 1111

i used them back in 03-04 and it payed off really well ... to good actually , me and the business partner i had at the time got burnt out by the end of the season. I decided the next season i wanted to go back to being a solo and he went on to other things.
    I dont't understand when when guys get on here and say their advertizing in the yellow pages did not work... maybe they are just buying a bold listing and and expecting big results. My ad was nothing fancy, it was the size of a dollar bill with no color .. it landed me a $22k contarct with walmart a horse farm , fed ex building ,and a **** load of resid lawns

9. thefed

thefed LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Im starting to ramp up soon. post cards feb 20th, march 1st all newspaper ads,trying to triple this year

10. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

yellow pages