1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Advertising gurus need your input!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Craftybigdog, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys me and my partner are branching the business out and we are gonna run and ad in the local paper here and I was curious if you had any input as how to word it and how do you guys recommend picking up commercial accounts do you just go to these businesses and ask if you can bid on there lawncare for the year, any help would be appreciated thanks alot!
  2. turfmarketing

turfmarketing LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Generally, newspaper advertising isn't very cost effective for business-to-business marketing. Most people read their local paper at home and aren't thinking about business on their time.

Business-to-business marketing is best achieved through targeted marketing techiniques such as direct mail or a personal call to the person in charge of the facilities. Another effective marketing approach is through personal contacts made by joining local business groups like Rotary, Lions, Better Business Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, etc.