Advertising: How Much U Spend

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Green Finger, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

For you guys that advertise on a regular basis. How Much do you spend monthly?

Flyers, Direct Mailers, Val Pak, Etc. You can give ruff estimates.

Peak Season: $

Even Out Season: $

Slow Season:$

:cool2:

2. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

We use a percentage of revenue. We also track all the leads for potential and actual revenue. Then we know what advertising is working and what is not. It also helps re-direct the $ to the right avenue for us. We use 3% as a budget number. Some years we use it all others we may use less than half.

Peace,

Rex

our web site

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

4. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

T.G

Thanks for the article

5. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I know alot of guys go upon the three percent figure, as do I but I usually dont end up spending that much. I think I spend about 2500 to 3500 a year on newspaper adds, around a grand a year for yellow pages. I think the website cost about a hundred bucks or so a year. I have no clue what we spend on flyers and mailings, just because it is so hard to keep track. I always end up spending around five hundred a year for bulcrap ads that get me nothing like place mats or sponsoring the queens in the town pageant. Its hard to tell just by someones numbers though. The more people gross per year, the more they will tend to spend on advertising, because they have more employees and rely more on keeping busy then others.

6. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

After 30 years of trying all sorts of things that never seemed to work, this past year we cut out all advertising all together, except our trageted direct mail letters for our lawn care services and irrigation service, which had always worked well. Final tally, gross is up over 25%. Concentrate on work of mouth and spend your efforts on quality work.

Doug
    Austreim Landscaping

7. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

About 2K, Most of it in March, April and May.

8. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Zero. All word of mouth.

9. ryan cooper

ryan cooper LawnSite Member

im planning on spending about 600.00 this spring mailing my flier about 6000 in the local newspaper,then im going to spend about 60.00 on posting my fliers at local stores ,laundry mats , post offices ect,,,ect,,,...any advice would help...

thanks from: rc lawnandlandscaping

"you may be on the right track,but if you just sit there you will get run over"

10. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

We spend about 2.5 to 3% of yearly gross .... which has nothing to do with uniform or lettering .... that's all ADVO n Yellow Pages