1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Advertising Idea

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MOOSE, Mar 5, 2006.

1. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

I was at the movies last night and noticed that before the previews they did local advertising for places around the theater. I thought that was great. Say you have a big area like my area, metro Detroit. And you did alot of work close to say 5 or more theaters. All different companies but 2 are the same owners. If you choose there adverising the that would be great. How many people go to the movies in a week or weekend. I dont know how much it costs but they did have a still frame ad and a actual clip for a couple businesses. I may check into it. Just an idea.
  2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

I can't remember the figure but it is a lot! Also remember the average age of a person going to the theater doesn't own a lawn.
  3. RB Lawn

RB Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Ga

I have seen the same type advertising at the theaters here, but the majority of the people in the theaters here are all teenagers.
  4. Luvs2Play

Luvs2Play LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever thought of having DVD's made about your company? Telling about yourself, the benifits of using your equipment. Showing some of your accomplishments. At the price of them now, putting them out on your computer, it may be something that sets you out from the competition. Sending them on commercial bids may help there.
  5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

Granted I have only been doing commercial for 2 years, but in that limited time I have realized that the lawn is the least concern for many of the properties, most of which are leased anyways, and no one wants to take the time to watch a DVD. Thats more for the homeowner.