advertising in church bulletin?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lawn Masters, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I just looked at my church bulletin, I could get advertising space in there for absolutely free. all I have to do is send in a business card, and the church will scan it in, and print it in the monthly bulletin sent to all its members.

Does this sound like a good idea to you guys? I mean its literally free advertising going to probably around 60-100 people or more, which would probably land me a few new clients in my direct area.

2. exmark1

exmark1 LawnSite Member

I would do it! It's free advertising afterall!

3. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Free is Free. In addition, you are talking about your church right? If it is going out to around 100 people many of which probably already know of you or have seen you before. I say go for it.

4. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

yes, its my church, well I dont OWN the church, I should say, I'm a member there, and I know nearly EVERYONE in the congregation. what is there to lose right? I mean its free advertising, and you cant argue with that at all. whats the worst that can happen, I dont get any business, I'm not out any money.

5. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

you have nothing to lose

6. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

"... nothing to loose."

Not in my view. A church bulletin is NOT a place to advertise. It is a vehicle to inform members and attenders about the happenings AT the church, not about what individual businesses are doing. The bulletin is never an advertising medium for individuals.

Any bulletins I have seen in churches are crammed for space, many items being left out because of lack of space. Why would anybody give you space for advertising at the expense of space to speak about the business and happenings at the church? Sure, the process is easy, as mentioned -- scan the card and insert into the document. Ease of process is not hardly the issue.

If you are deeply involved with activities in service to your local church, people will know what you do, lawn service. You need no advertisement to fellow members. If you are not active in service to your local church, you need to understand your responsibilty as a member. Service to the local church is not done as a way of promoting your own business either -- just don't be involved for the sake of promoting yourself.

I don't think highly of anybody using their church connections to promote themselves. That is selfish and demonstrates a lack of understanding about why the local church exists.

7. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

^You wrote an awlful lot for not taking into prespective that a lot of churches are different. A lot WANT to advertise for their congregation...a lot ask for donations to help contribute to the cost of making it. I would go for it.

8. Mr Budget

Mr Budget LawnSite Member

I agree 100%

9. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I advertise in my church bulletin and have gotten some great customers.It cost me $120 a year and that cost is used to publish the bulletin. I say go for it.

10. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

i would put the artical in asap! and i would donate something when they have a event. church people take care of there own:waving: