1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Advertising in church bulletin

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ghfire, Feb 19, 2009.

1. ghfire

ghfire LawnSite Member

Just wandering if anyone has advertised in their church bulletin and if so have you had any luck.
  2. Alpha Property

Alpha Property LawnSite Senior Member

yes and yes, lol i actualy cut the lawn at a church and am working a deal to get three more
  3. Lucky Star Lawn Care

Lucky Star Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

One of the Churches I maintain asked me to be in theirs so I said what the hell....Not one call! Oh well live and learn so I denied this year but very easily couldve been the other way around. I say give it a shot usually doesnt cost too much and if your lucky enough to pick up a job it pays for itself.
  4. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

are you kidding me! you dont advertise in a church, ITS A CHURCH DARN IT!
  5. Alpha Property

Alpha Property LawnSite Senior Member

i had someone suggest putting an add up in an emergency room, so when people come in with injuries or family's to visit other ill family members, and they realize they now need someone to cut their grass.... you get the picture.... but i think that may be pushing it... churches, community centers, other elderly hang outs are free game as far as i can see
  6. Scagmower48

Scagmower48 LawnSite Senior Member

I advertised in my church bulletin last year. There is nothing wrong with advertising in it as the back cover is dedicated to ads. It cost me $300 for 26 weeks and It produced the least amount of calls. Most the calls were from weird people anyway. My best form of advertising was an ad in the service section of a local paper that cost me $180 for 8 weeks. The problem with the church bulletin is your targeting a limited and the same people week after week. I wish I could only advertise in mine for 3-4 weeks but the min. was 6 months.