1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Advertising in church newsletters

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Jasputan, Mar 2, 2011.

How much success have you had with advertising in church news letters

1. Tons, very worthwhile investment.

0 vote(s)
  2. Some, worth the investment.

4 vote(s)
  3. Meh, its hit or miss.

6 vote(s)
  4. very little, dont do it.

13 vote(s)
  1. Jasputan

Jasputan LawnSite Member

I am wondering how much success people have had with this. I can advertise in a pretty large local church for 13 weeks (a weekly news letter) for $190.
  2. Bob_n_weave

Bob_n_weave LawnSite Senior Member

For only $190 I would give it a shot, mid March thru mid June.
    How big of Ad do you get ? No thanks to 1" x 1" .

To place Ad in my Church annual directory would cost me over $400. I said no thanks.

Good luck
  3. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never advertised in a Church, but if I were you, I might spend an afternoon helping the Church landscape group (if they have one) improve any beds, turf, etc. I know my Church has a group that improve some landscaping whenever it needs it, and I bet spring time would be a great time to go put down some mulch or bright flowers that would really get the attention of the Church members. It would really get your name out there and give you a great opportunity to talk to some potential customers at the Church.
  4. ProMaintenance

ProMaintenance LawnSite Member

You know I spent all of high school working for my church mostly caretaking the cemetery, i even drove by the church and saw folks working on the yard and i never occurred to me to volunteer. Awesome idea but wow i should of figured that one out on my own, maybe all this rain is getting to me