1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Advertising in the Newspaper? What will your ad read?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by HighGrass, Mar 15, 2006.

1. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Just wanted to see what people are using for wording.
    I think this is what I'm using this year:
    A better mowed lawn is what you deserve! Sole operator-owner assures attention to detail and reasonably priced,personable service. Free estimates. XXXXXX/XXX area. XXX-XXXX Local Call.

What will yours say?:drinkup:
  2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

It sounds good, but I would leave out the solo operator part. I would say maybe owner/oprated or all work is owner supurvised. B/C you might attract a bunch of little old ladies that want to spend the day pointing over Johnnies sholder.
  3. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Good Point!:clapping:
  4. amtrucker22

amtrucker22 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I agree with him... Also it points out that there is a single point of failure. You get hurt who is going to mow my lawn?

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have one going out Friday..it reads.

Westside mow 555-8734

I wanted "mowing" but that was too long, so I had to take the "ing" off. I live in a town of 350,000 and don't want to drive clear across town for mowing...thus the "Westside" Normally I don't advertise mowing in the classifieds for that reason, but I thought I would give it a shot since I had some space.
    It cost $130 for 30 days
  6. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I put my ad in the paper, it cost $144 for a month.
  7. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Newspaper adds in my opion are WAY too expensive, and commercial prop. managers are not looking for Lawn guys in there. I prefer the YP's and direct mail.
  8. lawnboyblake

lawnboyblake LawnSite Member

I also just put my add in the paper. Runs for a month, cost me like $120. Not too bad, get a few jobs outa it and well worth it. Mine reads:

Legacy Lawn
    Spring Cleanups, Mowing,
    Mulching, Seeding, Insured,
    Quality Work. Call

Hope the calls start rollin' in.