1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Advertising in the yellow pages ???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Precision PLC, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Precision PLC

Precision PLC LawnSite Member

I just put my first ad in the yellow pages and was wondering if any of you have done this and what kind of response you had. Any feedback would be great thanks.
  2. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Only thing I have ever gotten from the yellow pages was the customers going down the list trying to get the cheapest guys. Have grown to hate yellow page calls.
  3. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey if you guys were ever looking for say a mulch blowing company would you look in the yellow pages? If so under what section would you look? Sorry to highjcak the thread!!
  4. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

When you say "you guys" are you referring to the professional or the homeowner. If a professional, he should already know where to look and have his contacts. (I would contact the place where we buy mulch now). If a homeowner, I would doubt the average homeowner evens knows that mulch can be blown at a cost effective price. My .02
  5. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Groundcover, I would expect to find it under "landscaping" or "landscapers". "Garden supplies" or similar might also be something to look under.
  6. In my area the Syracuse YP has three and a half pages of landscape contractors. I have a small ad but I think because my company name refers to a specific area it does generate calls from potential clients in that area. By the way when I just looked to count the pages the ad of fellow lawnsiter, CNY Lawnscapes, jumped out at me.
  7. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

I am talking landscapers, I know of alot of landscaping companies that have never even hurd of mulch blowing. I am trying to advertise I do mainly direct mail and cold calls. Just want to try a few other things like advertise in trade magazines. Pluse not all contractors have mulch blowing contacts already and I deal with only one or two mulch suppliers and they are very large so most landscapers do not purchase from them.
  8. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

1 call in 1 year. Cost me $1000 for one lead that was a total waste of time.
    Never again.
  9. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

never got the results or leads i wanted out of the "pages". I have stopped using them. Good Luck!
  10. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Yellow Pages are a total waste of your money. Over the years I have tried it all from a basic $50 a month Bold Print only line to a $1,500 a month Full Process Digital Color ad and they were only go for as someone else said the cheapskates calling around for the rock bottom price. Every single on of my customers are from either word of mouth from other clients or direct mail advertising. I don't even have my business line listed in the Yellow's any more.