Advertising? Is This A Good Deal

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SDNCLAWNCARE, Feb 19, 2007.

1. SDNCLAWNCARE

SDNCLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

I called my local paper today and ask them for a quote. I can run a 10 line Service Ad for 28 days for 255.00. Does this sound good? Trying to get my name out there. Plus I have 5000 Flyers ready to go, waiting for the end of February and March. Any advice?

2. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i would wait until later in march to advertise but the price sounds good. the most work i ever got, other than word of mouth, is by an ugly hand painted sign i stuck in front of my house( i live on a main rd) i had 5 messages a day

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i have a 1/4 page add, that will run in a once a week local paper, for the last week of march and first two weeks of april for 270.00... just sound awful small.... but if its a big paper i know they can be ungodly expensive....

4. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds about right for the ad but I wouldn't run the ad until end of march early april

5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Mid March to mid April is the best time to advertise in paper any later and you will miss out and everyone will already have someone.

6. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

that sounds kinda high to me, but i guess it all changes from diff areas. im payin 136.00 for 36 days.

7. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

Man and I was griping about paying 66 dollars! One thing I have to say is those ads WORK.Back when I started I ran an ad like that and was swamped before the month was over. The thing is when you put the ad in the paper. Do it the right month and you will get great results.I like to show up as soon as they call with my rig and cut it right on the spot, remember the customers want service now, dont let the other guy get one of the leads the ad generates.When you go to give a price before you open your mouth add 5 bucks it really adds up.