1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Advertising lawn SIgn

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by aquamtic, Apr 1, 2004.

1. aquamtic

aquamtic LawnSite Senior Member

I believe some one had asked in a thread info on a lawn sign-

Here is the new design we are starting up with this season.

Lawn Signs at job sites have gotten us a few nice leads.

Let me know what you think! Size is 24w x 18

Attached Files:

2. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

nice sign, nice hunter irrigation pic.

that type of sign will be pricey...try to go with your company name and what you do.

i will post a pic of mine when i can find it.

but, go with an economical sign. one that you can leave on the property and let the homeowner dispose of it.

try 'bags unlimited' in rochester, ny. we purchased 500 lawn signs for $1500. that is $3/sign.

3. aquamtic

great price! I have a friend of mine that can do these full color for just around 10 bucks a piece. What I will do is a more simple one to leave behind.

I like this one for the fact that it is consistant with all our marketing material. These full colors will be displayed inmore prime locations and development areas where we are working for a longer period of time

One thing I do need to add is the Hunter logo inorder to use the photo
  4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Why advertize a specific manufacturer , that could cost you jobs , I have customers that want specific systems , Toro , hunter , or rainbird , if your sign says hunter on it a customer that wants rainbird wont bother to call
  5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I believe the picture is from Hunter, and if you use a manufacturer's photo, they usually want a logo posted as well. I honestly have never had someone ask for a specific maufaturer when I was still installing. And if they would have, I wouldn't put it in unless they asked for what I already use. Basically I would only put in Hunter or Rainbird products. Absolutely no Toro, Nelson, ...
  6. aquamtic

I did say " I do need to do" Never said I was going to. I believe I buy enough Hunter product for them to let me use their photo. I will eventually replace it with one of my own as soon as I get one that looks as good to reproduce
  7. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

you will never get a photo as good as hunter...they invest millions in their marketing program...they have the 'perfect' pic. go with that...i did on some marketing materials.

also, $10/sign...pricey. sign is too 'nice' for what you want to do. though i do like the pic on the sign...remember: kiss. keep it simple, stupid'.

that is what i was told. just put a sign stating,

xyz sprinkler company
    Sprinkler Systems Installed.
    Phone Number

if you want to go with an elegant sign, then spend a few more pennies.

save the $$$ for something else...lower your overhead...operate lean...purchase in bulk...save money.

consider this...i purchased 500 disposable signs for $1500
    you got 150 signs for $10/sign...$1500.

i got 350 more signs than you.

dude shop around...i will admit i do like the sign, but it is too much money for me to ever go with that type of sign.

8. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I get it all the time - most of the time people ask for rainbird stuff.

Like you, I normally don't use any specific brand entirely. But I do use more rainbord stuff than any other brand (controller, valves, 1800 series pop-ups, xerigation, etc.) so when I do get people asking specifically for RB stuff, I usually explain to them that I their system would probably be comprised of mostly RB stuff anyway - but that it depends on the situation.
  9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi aquamtic,

Your signs look real good.