Advertising/Marketing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnoasis, Jan 28, 2000.

1. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Where did the guy who sent out 15000 mailers for 600 bucks get em done?

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

by "sent out", do you mean inclusive of postage?
    15,000 mailers would cost +/- $3,000 to send out.

3. b727guru

b727guru LawnSite Member

This may sound like the dumbest questions asked but this is all new to me and I haven't read any details from the pros/old timers here:

So once I have the flyers printed; how do I go about getting them mailed to certain subdivisions within a zip code?

I dont's want to send to all the neighborhoods in that zip, just a few high end ones.

Do you go the Post Office and pay the postage for tha mass mailings and then what?

4. The landscaper

I thought I read a post about some paying only 600 to have his mailers printed and delivered....Maybe I was wrong. Ill go back and check

5. The landscaper

Direct-mail has worked the best for me. It's also easy. I had a company mail out 15,000 out and it cost $600. I got a lot of calls. It sure beats going door to door with flyers. Imagine how long it would take you to go to 15,000 houses! Just the flyers alone (in black & white) would cost you at least $500. I got color copies, mailed, with no work for me involved for $600. This is the way to go.

There it is, Am I reading this wrong? Post number 15

6. tonygreek

first, that post was from 5 years ago. second, he only posted here for a short time and in a related thread he told the same story and never answered follow-ups for what his mailing actually was. if he wasn't high as a kite, the only way he could have done what he claimed would be in a coupon mailing insert, ala valpak, and even that's a low price, but again it's year 2000 dollars we're talking about. basically, his story was "full color flyers printed and mailed at 4 cents per".

as solo mailings go (ie, not coupon mailers), there is no way around a figure that's in that ballpark 3 grand in postage.

7. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

Jim, just out of curiosity, where do you get them done at that cost?

8. tonygreek

48hourprint.com or vistaprint.com

9. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, Tony.

10. AdamCByrd

AdamCByrd LawnSite Member

Gents,

How do you make the door hangers? Do you tape them on the doors, or lay stick them in a mail box (illegal I'm told), or do they make a special door hanger kinda like the one you find on your door at a hotel...with a loop/hook for the doorknob. Can you recommend any good printing companies?

thanks
    Adam