Advertising Not Working

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by RollTide11, Apr 20, 2008.

1. RollTide11

RollTide11 LawnSite Member

I have sent out 1,000 flyers and put signs all over town for two weeks and I've only gotten two calls any advice?
  2. A-Land

A-Land LawnSite Senior Member

Either you are past the date where people are looking at companies.... (not very likely) or there is something wrong with your ads, or your service.
  3. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

Give it time. I think I only sent about 500 this year. I got a few calls within a week and here about a month later the calls are rolling in. Local newspapers have gotten me alot of calls. I also lettered my old trailer that i no longer use and parked on my buddies lot which is in a high traffic area, thats gotten me a few calls.
  4. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Knock on doors and Talk to people. Don't wear your Bama stuff to try to sell to barners. LOL
  5. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 LawnSite Senior Member

i put out 4500 very nice door hangers only 2 new accounts and a handfull of gas burning estamates
  6. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow. I ran an add in the paper for 1 month. I picked up over 100 power raking and aerating jobs and 12 weekly accounts. It was only $92.50
  7. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 LawnSite Senior Member

ya this is really discouraging i was hoping to pick up at least 10 or more