Advertising now for the Spring.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by A1Lawns, Nov 25, 2006.

1. A1Lawns

A1Lawns LawnSite Member

Has anyone had much luck sending out flyers, hangers, etc., during the winter months(November-Febuary here) in signing up lawn care customers for the following Spring? If so, what worked and what didnt?

Thanks and glad to be back!

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I like flyers and door hangers ...seems door hangers are a bit more personel and you my run into the potential client....stay off their lawns and dress professionsl and be ready to sell yourself ...I am using flyers and door hangers in the late winter /early spring ...as well as small ads in the local newspapers to fill out my work week with new clients. GOOD LUCK...the customers you want are out there.....just DO NOT underprice yourself....make a living..do not do favors

3. A1Lawns

A1Lawns LawnSite Member

I have had some success with flyers in the past by putting them in mailboxes but I know now that is against the law, at least here in Connecticut. Even putting them anywhere on the mailbox I believe is against the law. Still, customers do respond to them and you figure most dont mind but it would be nice to pass them out legally and put them somewhere else. The door hanger idea seems ok but time consuming and to me a little too personal. Though I have heard success with them.
    Where else can one put flyers other than in or on mailboxes or doorknobs??

4. Mike's All Season Service

Mike's All Season Service LawnSite Senior Member

Newspaper Box:waving: That way they cant do anything to you because they are not a Government owned agency!

5. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I have seen people put in the newspaper box, then blow all over the neighborhood a hour later!

6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I would wait until after the first of the year. That's going to be the last thing on peoples minds now.

7. Lawnmasters

Lawnmasters LawnSite Member

We run adds now for Wild Garlic, Wild Onion. The two that stand out the most in our area now. It brings in a few calls. Get them now for a 1 time, and set them up for program for next year starting in spring. As recent as this week we have gotten calls. It has been said that 3% of the people in every community are in need of, or wanting what you have to sell, no matter what it is. So it's easy right? We just have to find those 3%.