1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Advertising on client properties

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cleancutccl, Sep 15, 2004.

1. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

How many people use the little 6" x 6" company logos that you put in the ground with a metal holder? I was wondering where you get those printed. Personally I don't see why you shouldn't promote your own work, right?
  2. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

I don't use advertisment on the lawn. my company has logos on the truck, and equipment. wear professional clothes, even mowing lawns. I wear polo shirts and keep myself well grommed. i found the best advertisment is word of mouth. :)
  3. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I use the 18"x24" lawn signs. We only put them out at the beginning of the season. I bpought 50 of them with 2 color print on both sides for $280 at http://www.witnessdesigns.com/ I boght the stands some where else though because I was originally going to tyr and make them myself. they were like $50 shipped.
  4. cleancutccl

all of my equipment, trucks, trailers, crew wear uniforms (embroidered polos), but I just wanted to know if someone knew where to get something like that printed. I don't want anything huge because it is not my own property, but just a little sign to put in the flower bed by the street because with my experience people sometimes work while I'm servicing the lawn, then when they drive by and I'm gone it would be a way of knowing who takes care of the lawn without bothering the client themselves.

Sorry for the little bit of attitude, but it was a simple question.
  5. cleancutccl

Thank you soupy, but I was wanting something a little smaller, something that is noticeable if you're looking for it. You know really admiring the lawn, that sort of thing.
  6. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Would you know Brinks guards your neighbors house if it werent for their sign? they are there in lettered trucks in professional uniforms for extended periods of time (during instalation). how do the neighbors know who does that beautiful property if they arent around during the day?
  7. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

I think having any signs in the yard is trashy looking. Security signs are there so the bad guys know you have a service. They still break in but at least they know ahead of time. Some LCO's put up signs while they are on the property, some leave them up for advertising. I just park my truck where I get the best view of the signs while I'm there. After seeing the sign once people forget what it said anyway. I can't see putting a $6.00 sign on a 1/4 or 1/2 million dollar property. If you spent that much for a truck would you put a sleazy 6 x 6 sign on it?
  8. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

In the summer I will use the 18x24 yard signs in neighborhoods I'm wanting more clients in. I always ask permission to do so and only leave them up for 2-3 weeks. We also have magnets on the trucks and company shirts. I like to do the signs especially if we made a huge curb appeal difference. Like edging if it's never been edged, or fresh needles.
  9. CJ GreenScapes

CJ GreenScapes LawnSite Member
    from AL

As a business owner, I think the signs are a great idea. However, as a customer I would not want one in my yard. What's in it for them? Maybe if you offered a discount during the month it is up... ?

Just my .02