1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Advertising on open trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by unkownfl, Feb 14, 2012.

  1. unkownfl

    unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member
    Posts: 3,838

    How are you guys advertising on open trailers? I'm not just talking about throwing a sign on the gate as you can't even read it when you're working when most people are interested in doing business with your company.
     
  2. Landscape Poet

    Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member
    Posts: 3,637

    Interested in the replies you may get.
     
  3. rreyn1812

    rreyn1812 LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 444

    I put 3 signs on my open trailer (16 ft). I only put the services provided (lawn, tree & bush-hog services + phone #) on each side, and just "Lawn Care" + phone number on the gate facing behind the trailer. I made the signs myself out of 5 ft X 1 ft pine painted black with the letters/numbers (4 inch) routed out and painted white. Personally I did not want to put a lot of $$$ into really fancy signs. I don't have any signs on the truck.

    I usually get 2 to 3 calls per season off the trailer signs. I've gotten responses while sitting at Taco Bell, driving down the road, and just sitting and mowing a yard. One time, the temp was about 103 deg. and we were working on a yard and I had 3 cars in a line wanting me to take care of their yards. Some last, and some don't, but depending on where you are located, I don't believe you need super fancy signage, etc. What counts most is the quality of your work, and how you interface with your customers. I work for little old ladies with postage stamp yards, and for others with million dollar estates. About 90% of my customers state that they have not ever had the quality of service that we provide, and the other 10% just want their yards mowed as cheaply as possible.
     
  4. Keene Landscaping

    Keene Landscaping LawnSite Member
    Posts: 51

    I was just thinking about welding some sheet metal on the walls around the gate and then having someone do a minor wrap of some sort to make it stick out a bit.
     
  5. 360lawncare

    360lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 962

    Check out my pictures in the picture section I have some of my open with signs on it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
     
  6. Blade Runners

    Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,021

    This pic is from our first season but...

    Big sign, big gate. Your truck, trailer, and equipment appearance will bring you customers. A big gate is makes it easier to unload on steep incline/declines and is a perfect place to advertise with a big sign.

    Our most recent customer in a nice neighborhood told me he took a pic of our truck last season when we were doing work in his area. That is how he got in contact with me. It led to a mowing job, bush hog work and some light landscaping that we don't even advertise for.

    photo.jpg
     
  7. 360lawncare

    360lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 962

    Here is mine one on the gate and each side. plus these cost me 100 that it they are made out of the yard sign materiel but they are thicker I got lucky on one of my accounts and he ended up being a whole seller to the small print shops and told me he had the heavier material and that it should stay on the back and not blow off so far he has been correct.

    10154166_691185614273143_1563876732219137651_n.jpg

    1621910_691185637606474_6485465952570466554_n.jpg
     

Share This Page