1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Advertising on Placemats

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by procut, Jan 3, 2006.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

hey Runner, that makes sense out of you :)
  2. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

There is a local hauling company up here that has supplies coffee mugs to the local breakfast shops. I think it is a really great idea...
    A contractor is sitting eating breakfast drinking his coffe thinking about his job and reads his mug,,,, orders his supplies from the company.
    for lawn care? hmm not sure. It would most likely give you recognition which could never hurt.
    If its not to pricey I would go for it.
  3. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Make sure the establishment has really slow service... otherwise they wont have time to see your ad. :eek: A buffet would be a bad choice... yet I have seen a few with such ad placemats. I must admit though, I have never patronized a biz from a placemat ad.

4. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I to have not patronized a business through a place mat. However, I do believe that given the proper stats. (i.e number of place mats, how busy, if majority of customers are within service area etc.) that this is an effective way to build name recognition. A key to effective advertising is repetition. The more your name is in front of them the higher the possibility they will call you when they need someone that performs your specific services. If it is inexpensive then it really can't hurt any.
  5. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the replies. Tomorrow I'll look into the costs and other stats and post them if I get a chance.
  6. tiedeman

from earth

I look forward in hearing them.
  7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

When's the last time you paid attention to what those mats say? I can't tell you one business that I can remember from placemats, or shopping carts, etc. I think it's a waste, imo.
  8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I would say if you are going to give them a try, do just what Runner said and nothing less. Give them a reason to tear off the ad and take with them. It might give you some exposure if you don't offer something, but I think Runner hit the nail on the head.
  9. tiedeman

from earth

that is what I am saying. Basically you plate, foods, silverware, galsses, etc cover the things so you can't see anything. And then afterward, a lot of times there are wet or covered in food
  10. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, i went to that restaurant today, and looked all over the placemat and couldn't find a number to call about advertising. Its wierd because I've seen the number on there every other time. So I guess I'm at standstill.