Advertising on truck?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by drsogr, Mar 27, 2005.

1. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is the deal, I want to advertise on my truck, but I have a full-time job at a very large corporation. I don't want to use magnets as they never look quite right to me. Do you think it would be tacky to advertise my business when I drive that vehical to work at my full-time job? I drive about 30 minutes to work and home, so I know it would help me get some business.

2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Go for it. I just got a set of magnetic signs for my truck. I know you wanted to go permanenet, but the principle is the same. I also commute about 30 mins to school each day (daily driver as well as work truck). Its a great way to advertise. Unless your company forbids this form of solicitation specifically, it should be fine, but check to be sure.

3. drsogr

Anybody else ever tried this?

4. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I can't think of any good reason why you WOULDN'T want to do this. Are you concerned with how people at your corporation will feel? If so, why? I do realize sometimes corporations feel you should be loyal with your soul to them, but anyone who's worth anything above you (or your peers for that matter) should respect your business spirit and be supportive. If they don't, screw em. If they downsize, those same people won't be calling you when you're at home sending out resumes or in the unemployment line.
    Remember, truly successful people are the ones who are helping others be successful.
    I say go for it and don't look back! :cool:

5. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

a pair of BLANK magnetic's will solve any problems at work if they cry about it, slap them on when you get to work and take them off when you leave

6. lawnlubber

lawnlubber LawnSite Member

I would think a truck and trailer looks a little tacky unless it's there to do some work. Just the truck no problem. Truck and enclosed trailer less problem. Maybe you can park the rig a block away and walk if necessary.

7. Something D

Something D LawnSite Member
    from East TN

I do it. I work at a large corporation full time and mow on the side. I also have magnetics that are never taken off unless I wash my vehicle. At first it was hard for me to do wondering what my boss and co-workers thought. Bottom Line.....who cares. As long as your performance does not sacrifice it should not be a problem. If you are like me your salary at your full time job sucks. You realize you have more fun and opportunity landscaping and mowing for yourself. You have to have a second or third job to take care of your family. By all means wear it out. Hopefully you will get some business out of it.

8. drsogr

Thanks for all of the good words. I was worried about what my bosses would think, but after your responses I can see even more valid reasons to do it. Thanks guys.

9. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

go for it, its not like they'll fire you.

10. drsogr

God I wish they would. Unemployment is just what I need to get my business going full-time!