1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Advertising on weekends and nights only

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by chevyman1, Mar 22, 2005.

1. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

we began last week, and I must say, the success rates go way up when you meet most of the people while their home, totally seperates you from the pack. Sunday I met so many nice people in a brand new development...out of 60 homes I knock on the door and either spoke to or left the info when I left, we signed 6 on the spot, 2 more estimates Thursday night, and a topdress job. Not even going to advertise again until this Saturday. All 6 of the people from last week are also getting an Easter Lily
  2. Wil22

Wil22 LawnSite Member

I would like to try that approach. Instead of just knocking on the door, approach them with a flyer and contract in hand.

I came across a few people asking me for contracts. I think this is something they expect from lawn care provider.
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi chevyman1,

Good job. There is no doubt in my mind that you will find a lot more success with the way you are doing things.
  4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I was thinking about trying that this year, glad it worked out well for you.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Sunday's usually a great day for doing estimates/advertising. Saturday's can be iffy, a lot of folks have kids sports and other things planned. Seems like I find more people home during the week than on Saturday.