Advertising Prices

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by American_Lawn, Mar 22, 2006.

1. American_Lawn

American_Lawn LawnSite Member

What are you guy's paying per page for flyer's and door hangers? Also, what about business cards? I am fixing to place a big order for the whole season and I want to know if there are better deals out there. The place I am going to charges .35 per color copy, and .4 for b/w. This is on standard 8 1/2 by 11 paper. Let me know if there is cheaper. They are a new business and I have the account there, so they are giving me a deal, I hope. If you would like I can get you the same price. Its kinda like they help me, I help them thing. Any input will be nice.

P.S. I like all the money falling out of the sky in TEXAS!!!!!!!!!

2. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

thats cheap do it.

3. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

Make up flyers that fit 2 to a sheet, go to Office Max .05 ea. for a thousand or more. I use green paper with black ink. take-um home cut in half and you have 2000 flyers!

Have fun :)

4. gce_ent

gce_ent LawnSite Member
    from Texas

If you don't mind, what is the company? I am looking to buy 60,000 Post Cards and the ones around me SUCK at design work.

5. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

I print my own... (laser jet) full color... 110 lb card stock white paper... with 4 flyers per sheet. each flyer is approx. 2.5x7 (kinda like a big bookmark) Cut em' up with a paper cutter from Walmart. :) Customers complimented on them... saying they're heavy duty enough to last, and small enough to put right on the refrigerator. I manage to fit quite a bit of info on each too... 4 different designs (backgrounds)... trying to see which is best eye cather.
    Paper sells 150 sheets for $6.00... toner runs me around $150.00 :dizzy:

6. American_Lawn

American_Lawn LawnSite Member

The company is Ricoh Business Solutions. I know the person that runs the graphics center and is willing to help me with my advertising. They are also helping with the design. If you would like I can give you their e-mail and phone #, if you would like. Just Private Message me and I will give you what you need.

7. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I use an ink jet printer set to high quality. I'm not sure if I would use a laser and its not just because I don't have one:( refilling cartridges is very cheap if you buy ink in bulk.

8. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I 'borrow' the laser printer.... crisp, clear images.. and text.... can't beat it... and I do the design work... I'll post one later tonight....

9. Freddy_Kruger

Wow, 2.5x7 is small.

Recently I've been experimenting with Glossy paper. I bought this glossy paper that is two sided and as thin as magazine paper. I set my printer to photo and its look photorealistic, much much better than normal paper pictures. I'm going to use it for estimate sheets and maybe brochures to hand out to teh people I give estimates to.
    I also bought Glossy card stock for business cards. the only thing I don't like about ink jet is that it's water soluble.

10. Freddy_Kruger

Carolina cuts, do you crop mark your work? my printer has edge to edge capability (or whatever its called) I'm just not sure how that would work if I laid a background over the entire page and then instead of cropping I just divided it up into 4 equal parts...I mean how it would work if I printed out thousands. I got this feeling it would be spraying ink all over inside the printer.