Advertising Purely For One Service

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DLONGLANDSCAPING, Feb 5, 2013.

1. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

Subscribing, I really want to know how well this works. It's too bad you're not down south and could get it out in the next couple of weeks and if it works I could try it out when it warms up here.

Where will you keep a massive bulk deliveries, I can't remember if you have a shop or not?

2. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Sory many wish i could help all of you southern guys.

Its only around 500 dollars per 2500 fliers going out. Even less if you can get some postcards printed up. Try it out!

I am ordering 10k of these now. I am going to EDDM half of them ,and then pass out the other half by hand with a local hockey team my gf's dad coaches.

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I sent an email to planitgraphics about doing a logo design using the bird i have in my logo now and a postcard to focus on piking up mowing accnts. Goal is to add 30-40 new mowing accnts this year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Just a heads up if you are hauling product that isn't owned by you the load must be insured and your truck must be insured as "for hire." I ran into this hauling salt sand as a sub, it sounds crazy but if the load isn't insured you run the risk of DOT fines.

5. JContracting

So if hauling mulch/rock/pavers/etc to bring to a site, you have to reg'd "for hire" not "private"?

6. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Not if you're doing the work, then technically you own the product until it is in place. If you are transporting the materials from point A to point B and someone is paying for you to haul the materials you are considered a truck for hire. Rules may vary state to state but this was how it was explained to me.

7. JContracting

That is what I had thought, and if something happens you can always say it was for a job and not a delivery.

8. dnc19694339

dnc19694339 LawnSite Member

Dlong? How did it go?

9. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I would like to know too, what kind of response did you get ?

10. buckhigh

buckhigh LawnSite Senior Member

Subscribed...very intrigued.
    Posted via Mobile Device