1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Advertising Purely For One Service

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DLONGLANDSCAPING, Feb 5, 2013.

1. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I'd close them on the phone. If you know your area you can pretty much give an accurate price sight unseen.
  2. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

Good for you man! I hope you reach your goal.
  3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Delong sent u a pm.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

congrats on the new truck, that's what i want to be buying, i'm hoping to send out some flyers eddm, for mowing, mulching, clean ups, tree work. I'm looking to make some moves this year....around here 9 out of 10 times every company that has an ad anywhere advertises they do mulching.
  5. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Do you mean you haven't sent out the mulch cards yet?

Man that must be overwhelming.

I got the gears spinning in my head I may do something similar.

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes i have not sent the mulch cards out yet.

When i d0(end of this week) i am going to be passing them out in higher end areas. I am hoping to gain about 25 new lawns this year and i am only 6 new lawns so far, and have lost a couple from last year. Hopefully we will start to be getting more clients as the weather changes. Another forcasted 25 degree week. What a waste!!!! I guess ill focus on school for one more week 100%, while installing a patio when im not in school
  7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

what size cards did you order from bob @ plan-itgraphics?
  8. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I'm going to try it with personalized letters. I sent out 200 before and got 10 responses so far. I set up a stamps.com account and brought fancy letterhead paper from Office Depot
    Posted via Mobile Device

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

do this every year for existing customers. Send them a nice letter head with a positive outlook and show them new services or specials we are having "JUST FOR THEM".... We try to upsell as much as possible.

It costs ALOT and takes ALONG time to write out individual letters, but i usually get about a 50% call back from present custoemrs wanting additional services, and just wanting to talk and confirming we are taking care of them this year..

Professionalism doesnt stop at just maintaining the lawn, go the extra mile and show how your company is different from the rest.

10. SaturnoAndSon

SaturnoAndSon LawnSite Member

Not to sound like a jerk, but 5 pages of replies and nobody caught the typo in the proof? "Schedule your's now" should be "Schedule yours now"

It probably doesn't matter much but if you're spending that kind of money on sending something out I would hope its 100% perfect. I also agree on looking for a more suitable truck for deliveries. You can most likely LEGALLY carry a few yards of mulch. Even though I see guys around here with 1-ton mason dumps loaded to the hilt with concrete, with the front end of the truck almost off the ground.

Good luck with your business idea. Sounds like you have a good opportunity in your area.