Advertising Question.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by o-so-n-so, Feb 20, 2006.

1. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I had the opportunity to have my company name/logo put on a sitting bench at the entrance of the only Grocery Store in my small town. The cost was $239.00 for 2 years and I would be the only LCO ad on the bench. My question is...Has anyone else done this type of advertising and did it work?

2. lawn masters 2006

lawn masters 2006 LawnSite Member

i would...cheap good ad ...for 2 yrs:usflag:

3. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

Are you the only company on the bench? If theres more than one company than i doubt you will get noticed so much. I dont know if youll get any calls from the ad, but thats one more source of branding.

4. palawnman

palawnman LawnSite Member
    from PA

I definitely agree, there is not many ways to adv. for 2 years for that price. Even if you dont get any business directly from it, it gets your name out even more.

Ron

5. drumbo

drumbo LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know, even if it is "cheap", whether it is a good ad space. Think about it...who looks at those benches, let alone, WHO sits on them...only people waiting for a cab or a parent...IMO

6. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

10 bucks a month sounds cheap,is 239 the total cost.

7. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Yep, $239.00 is the total cost and the bench stays for 2 years. I am the only LCO on the bench with my company logo/design. I bought into the idea wanting to tighten up my mowing route for "new" customers. Everybody in my town goes to that Grocery Store. $10.00 a month is cheap advertising considering my target.

8. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

for $10/mo i don't think it would hurt to try it.

9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I would give it a shot. I would put my logo and phone number on there and that's about it. If you have room to list your services that would be ok, but I wouldn't do it if it was to take away from the size of your logo and #.