Advertising Question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by T'S lawncare, Feb 25, 2007.

1. T'S lawncare

T'S lawncare LawnSite Member

Should I advertise on my flyers that I offer yearly contracts, one time jobs, etc? :confused:

2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

If anything yearly contracts only. I have learned the hard way, one time jobs suck. The only other thing you may offer is vacation services, lawn maint/house sitting while people are away.

Cheers
    Jeff

3. T'S lawncare

thanks xoopiter, thats kina what i was thinking.

4. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

well.... if you want to make every bit of money you can id do one time deals also.... im a real cheapo and ill do anything anytime for money lol.... i meen unless ur busy from sunrise to sunset all week.... thats different but .... if you aint got nuttin else to do on some days... id do one time deals but.... thats just me :\

5. IowaLawnEnforcement

IowaLawnEnforcement LawnSite Member

I personaly would stay away from yearly contracts unless you have been taking care of the customer for a while. People dont like contracts if anything call it a service agreement. And if someone asks about a contract be on the ball because it is obvious that that is how they want it.:walking:

6. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I would not mention one time jobs, contracts, or service agreements in your advertising. The purpose of your ad is to get people to call you. They aren't thinking "Oh great, this guy offers service agreements! Just what we were looking for." They want to know if you can solve their problem which is that they are tired of having to maintain their lawn or clean up the mess in their yard.

7. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

I totally agree with the last poster (echeandia). Don't mention your requirements. Help them to understand the benefits of hiring your service and write it so that it makes sense for the reader to call you instead of somebody else. Then you meet, build your rapport, sell them on how you operate, present the price and your terms, and seal the deal.

By the way, I have never used a contract with providing lawn care. Nobody screws me out of money. And everything runs smoothly. I do have slow payers, but eventually they all pay.

8. T'S lawncare

excellent, thank you for your help.:weightlifter:

9. biggin69

biggin69 LawnSite Member

I agree 100%. take the cell phone business for example and how the advertise "No Contract". I think people are scared of the word Contract.