Advertising question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jr_golf, Jan 29, 2010.

1. jr_golf

jr_golf LawnSite Member

This may seem like a stupid question to most, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a few accounts from last year as it was my first year. I was wondering when to start advertising or what is the best way to go about it. I live in north central Alabama if that helps any.

Thanks for the help.

2. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

First off there is NEVER a bad time to advertise.

Secondly we work on a year to year basis. If the customer does not call and cancel we show up at the beginning of the season and continue where we left off at. Send a "spring letter" out to your customers from last year letting them know you will be starting work on a specific date. Unless they call you to cancel then keep working.

3. BearWise Landscapers

BearWise Landscapers LawnSite Senior Member

Advertise your heart out! Check around on here for a few posts about door hangers, postcards, cold calls, and other methods that other landscapers use. I would say you should try a few of them to see what works best for your business.

Where in Central Alabama are you?

I went to school at Samford and really enjoyed Birmingham. I really miss the barbeque from around there.

4. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

We have already started our 2010 campaign. It includes door hangers, direct mail, newsletters, google adwords, facebook, and craigslist. In addition we are always networking.

5. catch640

catch640 LawnSite Member

Jr, I also live in north central alabama. How about that. This is my first year @ lawn care
    so my budget is very small. But I have gotten very good response advertising on
    Craigs List. Its free & you will be amazed how many people will respond to your add.
    Beware of scammers. Not sure how smart it is giving a local competitor advise. But I am not planing to get rich
    just support my Motorcycle addiction. Good luck.
    Lou.

6. Andover Landscape Co.

Andover Landscape Co. LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Lexington,KY