Advertising Question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by trimmasters, Oct 6, 2003.

1. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

Is it law that if someone advertises something at a certin price they must sell it to you at that price?

2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

In the state of Michigan it is. At least from my retail experience.

3. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

unless it's on sale...

4. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

I hope so I just ordered $18 dollars worth of 5 echo 750 bp, 5 echo handheld blowers, and trimmers and other stuff all for an advertised price of a $1 each. I printed out the invoice so that I have proof of the final price. And my credit card has fraud protection so I am not worried all to much, I figured it was worth a try.

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi trimmasters,

Here is a quote "Don't sell a product above your advertised price" from this site that gives legal advice.

It seems each state law differs on this topic. Here is a site that discusses the "UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES AND CONSUMER PROTECTION LAW" for P.A. just to give you more insight.

6. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

Well I hope you guys are right, If it is the case I will be geting a 98 doge 3500 Cummings with 45000 miles for the great price of $750.00 !

Hope it works

7. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Dude,
    Where did you see that at?

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

What was it suppose to be.....$17,5000?

9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I doubt it....people sell stuff on ebay all the time and retract the deal. On that truck deal, they might say "take me to court". Is it worth your time and effort to pick up a deal on a mis-print? I think the judge might not lean your way on this one.

10. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Come on trimmaster and Trex. If you know the price was wrong then you trying to it get it for a dollar and $750 is stealing. You know what is right and wrong so do the right thing.

Don't go down the path of car salesman ethics.