Advertising Questions

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GreenScape Ohio, Dec 11, 2006.

What is YOUR main form of advertisement?

1. Door Hanger/Flyer

2. Cable TV / Movie Theater

3. Phone Book/ Newspaper/ Print Ads

4. OTHER

1. GreenScape Ohio

GreenScape Ohio LawnSite Member

Our Company, in just starting out, is trying to decide on different ways to advertise and exactly where to advertise our business. We are forming ideas now and are working on a door hanger and a half-page flyer. We would love to hear some of the ways you promote your business and how much you might spend on advertisements/promotions in a season. Thanks.
  2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

you need to add "word of mouth"......
  3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I run a small classified ad in local paper each spring to pick up extra mowing customers around March and run it about a month. I average around 30-40 calls from it and pick up 6-8 good paying jobs. I also have ads in every phone book in are area both under landscaping and lawn maintnance. I get around 50% of busn. from phone book and 20% from classifieds ads and 30% from customer referals. Yellow pages can't be beat for the bang for the buck you spend.
  4. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i havent used it but yellow pages would have to be the best..if you ever need something the first place you look is the phone book!