Advertising Subsidies

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Freshcut Lawn Care, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Freshcut Lawn Care

Freshcut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Do manufacturers allow you to use pictures of their equipment in Advertising Programs?

If so, do they allow some kind of advertising subsidy?

For instance, if you were to use a manufacturers equipment "exclusively" would they:

1) Allow you to use a picture of their machine in your ads.

2) Contribute anything towards advertising which included (and promoted) their equipment.

I think would would be a great idea!

For instance I own Exmark equipment (which I really like). :cool:

I would like to use a picture of my zero turn in an ad program. I assume I would need their permission?

Has anyone ever heard of this?

A guy in town uses Walkers and he uses a picture on their logo for all their vehicles and ads.

2. CathyLynn

CathyLynn LawnSite Member

I'd ask first--just to be on the safe side!
  3. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

A few years ago I was offered a deal if I changed my equipment to Ford. I tried out the mower but it was not to my liking at all so I turned it down. We do the ball diamonds and soccer fields in town and the dealer wanted the exposure. I told him to give me the money and I would paint my Walker ford blue. I ues the Walker logo on all my advertsing and have a 3 foot picture on my cube van. I showed the proof to my Dealer and he said no problem as long as we used it in a positive way. People call us and ask if we are the ones who use that funny looking yellow and white lawnmower.
  4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member