advertising that actually works!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by gway, Jan 1, 2006.

1. gway

gway LawnSite Member

What do you find as the best advertising aside from newspapers phone books and referals. im talking does anyone use masss mailings or inserts with thier mailings ie perfco inserts, or what works great for you for drumming up new buis or landing the big comm accounts.

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What would work for me back in the day-------Less people doing what i did---:waving:

4. Tyner Lawn Service

Tyner Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

Same here. All types of advertising use to work but now who knows. Depends on how many part timers are taking business away.

5. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I was about to make a post to see what everyones marketing plan is for 06, or what new ways of advertising they're finding. But like you just said...who really knows anymore? Last year i did basicly EVERY usual advertising method that we all talk about on LS...it was horrible, nothing seemed to work.

So I'm beating my brains trying to think of something that will work....or at least reasonably well :rolleyes:

6. John Gamba

from ct

Police, Fire.

7. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Seems like there are a lot of them here. Not that you can give them a hard time for knowing where the sugar is, but it sure makes it hard to compete with someone that is already making a living with bennnnies. That is why I have made my business on quality not cheap prices. Not that they are cheap but you find a clientell and stick with them.

8. John Gamba

from ct

And a BADGE

9. gway

gway LawnSite Member

ya know, the way it has worked for me over the last 12 years is do your job and do it well and the calls will follow...no matter how much advertising you do and how many fliers these newbies pass out, nothing promotes your buisness like your buisness. the old" build it and they will come" applies to our work. that alone will get the phones to ring. but i need to get my plan in place and move from a lawn maintance co to a landscaping co. thats where the $$ is not in lawns to be honest, but for starting out thats fine for most

10. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

John,

Don't forget about my great pension!