Advertising that works?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by allstar, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Willis

Willis LawnSite Member

If you guys were to name just one, which one would you say was your best advertising tool? :blob2:
  2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Truck lettering
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

This winter I am making my own. I have the signs with H stakes, at $1.25 each and the screen. Just need to get the screen "burned" and then order ink and squeege. I probably will have around $2 per sign, 3 colors, both sides and can change what I want the sign to say without waiting on somebody. But, I hava the time to do this only in the winter.

4. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

where did you get the stuff to make your own signs?
  5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I can't help you there, if I give you the web address I might get banned.

Good luck
  6. LawnMowerMan2003

LawnMowerMan2003 LawnSite Senior Member

I can tell you how I made my signs. Not quite as fancy, but effective. I think the key to signs is that they have to be bold, large, and at a place where people come to a stop. With this in mind, my last signs were made from dark green corugated plastic (around here it is about $6 for a large sheet, which should make around 6 signs the size I make them) I use 5 or 6 inch cardboard stencils you can buy at the hobby store or possibly hardware store, and spraypaint. If this is done carefully, the sign will be very readable, even though I usually get some overspray. All I really have room to put on the sign is "Lawn Care" and my number. Cost per sign this way is pretty low probably cose to $3, and it generally seems to much more effective than flyers, in my area. If the signs don't use large letters or are in a place where people come to a stop they will probably get little or no calls, no matter how professional they look.