Advertising This Time of Year

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by PlantGuys, Jul 13, 2008.

1. PlantGuys

PlantGuys LawnSite Member

We have just recently started promoting our residential services, our current customer base is all commercial accounts. My question here is what has been your experiences on picking up residential accounts in the summer and fall?

Is it worth it to advertise for fall services with the idea of signing those customers on for future services (i.e. next year)?

2. phlandscaping

phlandscaping LawnSite Member

I wouldn't plan on having them for next year, too many people are too unsure with the economy how it is, of how much they will be afford next year... It's worth a shot though, just don't put all of your expectations on it!

3. PlantGuys

PlantGuys LawnSite Member

I was hoping to pick up some residential customers this fall with some fall specials on aeration/seed or fall ferts.

4. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

It's a good time to pick up customers who are disenchanted with their current providers.. try door to door.

5. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

Definitely go for it.

• Grub control
    • Surface insects
    • Jap. beetle sprays
    • Bagworm Spraying
    • Lawn overseeding
    • Lawn renovations
    • Perimeter pest treatments

All on these are current and profitable services.

6. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Just be ready to service - b/c many (though not all) of the customers that come along now have serious issues... If you solve their problems, though - you're likely to get some very loyal folks...