Advertising Thoughts/Ideas

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Cashmonysonny, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Cashmonysonny

Cashmonysonny LawnSite Member

:waving: I am getting some 24'' x 18'' signs made to advertise. What do you guys think i should have put on them so that they appeal to potential customers? I'm open to any other advertising methods that have worked for you all any suggestions? :waving:
  2. andersonmowing23

andersonmowing23 LawnSite Member

Just a couple of common ones that alot of us use are: Truck/Trailer lettering (even if you use magnets we all started somewhere) If you get the bigger magnets and and make the colors match your truck it can look very nice, this is what I did when I first started out. Word of mouth will probably be your biggest one and by far easiest in my opinion. Flyers/direct mail works pretty good. see if you can find another local company in your area that doesn't handle mowing and they can give them to you. Works out best lets say if you don't do fert. and you find a just fert company you give them your fert jobs they give you the mowing jobs. It is a really good idea to look into. Yellow pages even though I have never got anything I wanted from them, just people calling looking for the lowest price. Church/neighborhood newsletters. Hope this helps a little bit PM me if you have any other questions.