advertising with flyers/doorhangers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kemmer, Sep 4, 2004.

1. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

next season i plan on almost doubling my number of accounts. i also plan on using door hangers. my question is how many should i get? also, do most of you have doublesided hangers. i can get 1000 blank for $15. but will it end up costing me more if i print them myself instead of having a company or online biz print them for me. im think about gettting 3000 hangers. what do you usually do. when would the best time to distribute them, i dont think im going to put them on every single house. (skipping the really crappy houses) i plan on giving them out in the Feb. - March range.

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

You've got a pretty good plan man, except for the "not on every house" part.. By that I don't mean EVERY house, just every house in the neighborhood's you intend to target. Flyers/doorhangers are a numbers game.. I would plan on way more advertising than you presently anticipate, but it does depend on your PERSONAL biz goals.. God Bless man, and good luck with next season.

3. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

When is a good question, got to be warm enough to think about mowing, but early enough someone else isn't already doing it. I think a lot of guys here put out 2 rounds of hangers/flyers a couple weeks apart, and then maybe a mailing, or newspaper ad also. Make them hear your name over and over so they remember it. With doorhangers, I think most guys report about 1.2% turn into accounts, so if you passed out 3000(which is a lot of hanging) plan on roughly 30-40 accounts, give or take.
    good luck, I'll be doing the same thing.

4. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

5. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

thanks
    soupy, im going to design it, ill post it once im done, but should i be double sided? also spending $349 on door hangers seems like alot,:cry: but do you think it will cost me as much in $$ and the hassles of making them myself?

anybody know any cheaper sites that i can get them made at?

6. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

if this is going to be your only means of doubling your accounts, $349 is frickin cheap.

7. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

You can fit more on them if you use both sides. I had photos of my work put on mine. If you use postcard wharehouse for printing, they also have a nice landscaping one on their example page that you can just change the information to fit your needs.

Whatever you decide to do, pay the extra $50 and double your order.

8. allaccesslandscaping

allaccesslandscaping LawnSite Member

the more you put out the better.. Its really the only rule when ut comes to doorhangers

9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

10. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

Do people get crappy with you if you go into nice allotments and hang advertising on their doors. Their are some nice housing areas around me and i think these people would from if i hung flyers on their $200,000.00 homes. Just a thought! I am going to do it next year. The main reason is once I get one house in a neighborhood. Then my work sells itself and I usually end up with many more. It takes only one then you get 5!