advertising with service majic

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by daveyo, Apr 14, 2008.

1. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

Since 02/06/2008 through 04/13/2008 I have had 14 real leads. Out of those 14 I closed 4 which is 3.5%. I'm guessing this isn't bad since flyers and such give about a 1-2% return. It's a shame because I just lost a $7600 job to someone else after designing and everything, oh well always next time. Some people just look at price, no matter how much you try to educate the customer which is just a part of business.

2. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

That's more like 35% not 3.5% Service magic is a wonderful thing.

3. daveyo

from N.J.

Woa,Thanks for the correction, I'm feeling even better about my close rate now that you pointed that out. By the way I'm charging for designing for now on. This guy suckered me, I knew better but went ahead and did the work anyway, and I'm swamped right now too .:hammerhead:

4. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

I love servicemagic and could even go as far as saying that without it im not sure if id be in business. last year i was closing about 90% of my leads for mowing. this year im about 40-50%, but the market seems a bit tougher this year.

5. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i may have to try them out.how much is it?

6. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I am glad to hear this, how much does this cost and what all does it take to become a contractor for them?

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

But in all actuallity, it is 28.5%.

8. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

any more info on this will be great

9. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

I have received 18 leads from them since April 1st and signed 7 full service
    mowing and Fertilizing, 2 mowing only. 4 of the 18 were a complete waste of time but well worth it. I will use them always. I like that they screen contractors for insurance licensing etc. Helps keeping the trash out.
    My cost 12-14 a lead. One full service customer grosses around 2400.00+ per year on average.

10. daveyo

from N.J.

Yea thats great, I just completed a $6000.00 landscaping job I landed from them, very nice customers. I also just did an aeration job on 15,000sq' the lead was $4.00, well worth it. I was also landing snow contracts in jan, feb. I feel there well worth it. I agree about the screening, I had the aeration customer tell me theres a feeling of professionalism that comes with hiring from service majic.